These pork chops can be made on a griddle pan or on the braai for a fresh twist on an old favourite.
- Start by marinating the pork chops: combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and place the pork chops in the marinade. Season with salt and pepper toss through. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight, tossing the chops halfway through.
- Brush a griddle pan with a little oil and heat until very hot. Remove the pork chops from the marinade and sear until charred on both sides – this should take about 6-8 minutes on each side. Should the pork chops not be cooked through at this stage, pop into a preheated oven to 180C and cook until done.
- Whilst your chops are cooking, place the remainder of the marinade in a small pot and slowly reduce to a syrupy consistency over medium heat.
- Place all the ingredients for the salsa in a mixing bowl, just before serving and season to taste.
- Baste the pork chops with the reduced marinade and serve alongside the salsa.