Pork Meatballs with Tomato Sauce
30 April 2021
Our juicy and flavoursome Pork Meatballs will make you want to stay at home and eat-in this Autumn – in fact, it’s bound to become a family favourite! Complete the occasion with the one and only Warwick Professor Pitch Black.
Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 45 minutes | Serves 4
- For the sauce
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 600g Roma tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 100ml olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 500g pork mince
- Zest of one orange
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 200g feta/li>
- Parmesan to serve
How to make it
- To make the sauce, place all the ingredients in a large baking tray together with 60ml olive oil, reserving half of the thyme for the meatballs. Season well with sea salt. Preheat an oven to 220 °C and roast for 20 minutes, or until soft and slightly charred.
- Blitz to form a thick puréed sauce and keep aside.
- Mix all the ingredients for the meatballs together, adding the leftover thyme. Shape into meatballs of 5 cm in diameter.
- Heat the rest of the olive oil in a large pan or a casserole pot, and fry off the meatballs in batches until well-browned on at least two sides.
- Add the tomato sauce to the pan and reduce the heat. Leave to simmer for 15 – 20 minutes (add some water to the pan should the sauce become too dry). Break the feta into chunks and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Liberally garnish with parmesan and serve straight from the pan with crusty bread or orecchiette pasta, fresh baby salad leaves and a glass of Warwick Professor Pitch Black.