Club Warwick’s take on an ‘Old Fashioned’ with Uitkyk Pot Still 10 Year Old Grand Reserve Brandy
26 July 2021
Traditionally prepared with bourbon, the Uitkyk Pot Still 10 Year Old Grand Reserve Brandy is a smooth, rich and new-glam outlook on an old favourite. We combine it with another aperitif to make it extra delicious and special. Prepared as a tall cocktail, or an after-dinner sip, this version is sure to become a have-to-have drink this winter.
Club Warwick’s ‘Old Fashioned’
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Enjoyment time: Unquantifiable
2 tots = 60 ml
- 4 tots of Uitkyk Pot Still 10 Year Old Grand Reserve Brandy
- 4 cubes brown or white sugar (or 4 teaspoons)
- Juice and zest of 2 oranges or clementines – the zest taken off in large pieces
- 4 tots Campari
- 8 dashes of bitters (or to taste)
- Large ice cubes or ice balls, to serve
- Extra orange or clementine segments, to serve
- Soda water (optional)
- Muddle the Uitkyk Pot Still 10 Year Old Grand Reserve Brandy, sugar and orange or clementine zest in a mortar and pestle (alternatively use a small bowl and the end of a rolling pin).
- Scrape into a 500 ml glass jar, or a vessel large enough to mix the rest of the cocktail in. Add the orange or clementine juice, Campari and bitters. Stir through and adjust the orange juice and bitters to taste.
- Ready your glasses with your preferred ice shape and garnish with a twist of citrus, and segments if desirable.
- For a long drink, top up with soda water.